Brazil nuts are a nutrient-dense type of nut that comes from a tree in South America that bears the same name. Brazil nut is native to South America countries like Venezuela, Colombia, Peru and Brazil and can be found along the banks of major rivers.
Brazil nut's health benefits include their ability to stimulate growth and repair, improve the digestive process, boost heart health, balance hormone function, improve the immune system, lower risk of cancer, boost male fertility, help with weight loss, aid in skin health and reduce the signs of aging.
• Brazil nuts contain a surprisingly high content of healthy unsaturated fats, also known as omega-3 fatty acids, including oleic and palmitoleic acids. These varieties of unsaturated fats balance the cholesterol profile of the body, ultimately preventing atherosclerosis, heart attacks and strokes.
• With the impressive amount of vitamins and nutrients Brazil nuts contain, they are ideal for the skin. The selenium it contains is responsible for giving the skin a healthy glow, while also improving elasticity. Selenium stimulated glutathione activity, a powerful antioxidant that removes free radicals from the skin cells that can cause from wrinkles to skin cancer.
• The high zinc content in these nuts can protect against acne and lessen its appearance.
• The high fiber concentration, overall nutrient density, proteins and complex carbonhydrates make brazil nuts a filling food, aiding ultimately in weight loss.
• The nuts can help regulate the digestive system, due to the high fiber content, which enables the gastrointestinal system, preventing gastric ulcers, constipation, bloating, cramps and many other conditions associated with poor digestive health.
• Selenium plays a vital role in the ideal functioning of the thyroid gland. The thyroid is where the most essential hormones in the body are produced, distributed and regulated from. By ensuring thyroid gland health a strong metabolism and optimal health is also ensured.
• All the antioxidants and organic compouns in brazil nuts contribute to a stronger, more resilient immune system.
• Protein is an essential part of health, primarily because it is necessary for muscle growth, energy, cellular growth, repair and wound healing. As Brazil nuts are a major source of protein, they can be consumed to cover needs in protein.
• The high amounts of magnesium in these nuts can stimulate efficient nutrient uptake in the digestive system.
Brazil nuts contain a high amount of calories and saturated fats. People suffering from heart issues could be endangered by adding more fats to their diet, so medical advice should be ensured. Additionally, there seems to have been allergic reactions to Brazil nuts, like vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, swelling of the lips, throat pain, breathing difficulty and chest congestion.